The choice of sod depends on the specifications set forth by the contractor or the people that are in charge of the bid opportunities. Information on each variety’s characteristics, recommended uses and maintenance requirements will help you select the proper sod variety most appropriate for your use.
Mineral Based Sod
- Mineral sod is for commercial applications.
- Our mineral sod will meet or exceed specifications that are city, provincial and federal regulated.
- Mineral sod is suited for high traffic applications.
- Mineral sod is heavier to install (upwards to 50 lbs per roll).
- Each Mineral sod roll size is 2 ft by 4.5 ft (9 square ft or 1 square yard).
- Each Mineral pallet is 70 square yards and weighs upwards of 3500 lbs.
In Mineral sod the topsoil is important for moisture retention. Topsoil acts like a sponge during drought periods. Gusta Sod Farms recommends 3 to 4 inches of compacted topsoil for great moisture retention.
For more information please contact us