In order to prep the site to be sodded, you will need to complete a couple of simple steps:
- Prepare the area to be sodded by removing all weeds. To do so, either use Roundup to kill all weeds, and/or work the soil 3 to 6 inches deep. This will insure a weed free lawn for the years to come.
- Remove all rocks, sticks and debris from site.
- Apply and level a 3 to 4 inch compacted layer of quality topsoil.
- Roll and compact the area to be sodded using a light roller.
- You may have to re-level the area after it has been rolled to remove any high areas.
- Lightly rake the area to be sodded to do a final leveling and to fill in any imperfections.